Search This Blog

Friday 9 January 2015

I am weak, I AM Is not!

This morning was meant to become a tough morning for me. Or so I think the enemy would have liked it. First of all my replacement at work was an hour late, leaving me tired and drained of energy and with a lot of physical labour still to do. Secondly, Facebook happened to remind me that it would have been my Grandma's 81st birthday today. Which naturally brought back memories of a tougher time last year when she passed away. A time at which I questioned God's timing in finally taking her to be with Him.

The thing is though that there is always something that no loss, no difficulty can take away from you. No one can take away my Grandma's love for me. No one can take away the foundation I have been given in Christ because He wraps me all the tighter in His loving arms when the enemy tries to bring me back down. And I thank God that He reminded me that despite that time of loss, a time of his blessing followed shortly afterwards. 

Psalm 30:4-5
 
4 Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people;
praise his holy name.
5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Everyone has weaknesses, flaws. It's part of being human and I've discussed in the past year that I often think my weaknesses are also my strengths. My emotional side can be pushed and punched by the tragedies of life: my persistence can be twisted into 'clinginess', my desire for knowledge and understanding can be directed to meaningless trivia. I know that this morning was meant to turn my strength of trusting in God's purposes away and was meant to remind me of the loss of someone I care about. Because I care so very much about people,

Instead I recognised that God has taught me in the past couple of months more and more that he has a destiny and a purpose despite any minor losses along the way. No matter what anyone else says about me, what shadows lie in the past that try and reappear, I know that peace between God and myself is what I can hold onto.

Try and take away this moment
In a second, a glimpse from the past
Yet come what may before us
I hold to the soul fed promise
Eternity lies before me
An empty grave now stands behind. 
I can see the lie of torment,
Lying still upon the air
A putrid smell of decaying presence
This hellbound power now departing
Recognised as weak and abased
For I stand in grace. 
Messengers bringing letters of doubt
Enveloping this joy I hold
Yet none, will ever steal this from me
Though lost for a moment
Forever I know I am found
And shielded by faith. 
Bring an empty past toward me
Its power lost through change of hope
Cast shadows over my future
And I will walk clearly toward my goal
For nothing can remove the promise
That love will guide me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment